Hey guys, sorry I have not posted since Thursday, I was quite busy this weekend and was unsure on what I should post. I am still unsure on what my posting days should be, so let me know what days you want me to post down below! So today’s post will be short and sweet, with ten of my holy grail skin care tips for healthy + clear skin!
- Make sure to either wash or clean your face before going to bed: Washing your face before bed is extremely beneficial for clear skin and helps prevent breakouts. By washing your face at night, you remove all the dirt, sebum, and oil on your face from the day. If you have are lazy, use micellar water or toner to at least cleanse the skin.
- Always keep your face moisturized: This way your skin gives a youthful glow and keeps it feeling silky. (See Winter Skin Essentials\\\2018)
- Drink Water to stay hydrated: Okay honestly, I know many get annoyed when people say to have nice skin is just drink water, but it is so true. Your skin has a pale yellow tone to it when you are dehydrated and your lips are extremely chapped, trust me drinking water will give your face a lively rosy flush to your face.
- Do not touch your Face: This is such a big violation in my skin care rules. Touching your face throughout the day will cause breakouts, especially because half the time you have probably touched something very germy and are then going to apply the same bacteria onto your face…. no just please no. If you really need to touch your face, then wash your hands before and then after again.
- DO NOT pick at your Pimples: Similarly, to not touching your face comes my next point of avoiding to pop/pick at your pimples! I cannot stress this enough, every time that I have picked at a pimple, it just lead to either more breakouts or scarring so please just resist the urge to pick at it. Now if you do want to pop a pimple, this is the best way to approach it; either using a cotton swab or round, dip rubbing alcohol onto the tip and apply to the problem area. The alcohol will kill the bacteria in the pimple also causing it to deflame the surrounding skin. This always works very well for when I have a stubborn pimple, then I follow it with witch hazel across my face. (I would only recommend trying this for a few stubborn pimples, not all over the face, since the alcohol is harsh and will dry your skin out).
- Keep a constant routine: Everyone’s mostly got their own routine, and well of course it’s good to try out new products every so often, but once you find skin products that work for you, keep it a constant routine this way, your skin does not become irritated or breakout when exposed to new products. (Check out my nighttime skin care routine: Nighttime Skin Care Routine 2018 |Cruelty-Free)
- Avoid putting your phone against your cheeks: Phones are some of the grossest things we come in contact with daily and when you put it against your cheeks or ear, that spreads the bacteria from your phone onto your face, causing breakouts! Yuck!🤢
- Be makeup free at least once a week: If you wear makeup everyday try to take a day off at least once a week to let your skin breathe.
- Do a face mask at least once a week: Doing a face mask helps improve the quality of your skin, and if it does not then switch to another mask. So treat your skin to whatever it is lacking, such as moisturization, exfoliation, or a glow!
- Make sure to apply SPF to your face: SPF is probably one of the most important things to do to your skin to prevent aging and wrinkles. Protect your skin from the sun and apply some sort of SPF it will help tremendously. So whether your daily moisturizer has it or you need to apply a sunscreen after, just do it to protect your face.
Thank you for reading, I hope this post was very helpful! Comment down below any skin care tips you have other than this! If you enjoyed this post then please like and subscribe with your email in the sidebar, to be notified of new posts through your email!
xo, Ariana. 💗
Check out my last post: Beauty + Skincare Haul| Target & Lush
Connect with me on my social media: Instagram//VSCO//