Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well. Today’s post is going to be on why I decided to go cruelty-free in my beauty routine. This has been a post I’ve been wanting to do for quite some time, in regards to explain why I am now cruelty-free and refuse to use beauty products tested on animals.
I started my cruelty-free journey back in late 2016, I started to become more aware of which brands were marked as cruelty-free, I began checking the ingredients of products, and researching into brands that did not have any sign of being cruelty-free. Thankfully, there are a good amount of beauty brands that are dedicated to being cruelty-free, however through my research I had also found that many brands I would have thought would be cruelty-free were not. Also I came to the realization that there are still many brands that test on animals.
Not going to lie, for some of my favorite products that were from brands that tested on animals, it was difficult finding a replacement, however I was dedicated to doing my research and finding a better product that was 100% cruelty-free even if it took some time.
I am strongly passionate and committed to being cruelty-free, making the switch is not very difficult, and I hope more people can come to the realization of the harm committed on these innocent animals when you support brands that test on animals. As a disclaimer, in no way am I trying to persuade people to stop buying from these brands, I just wanted to share my reasons as to why I choose to switch to only cruelty-free products.
Reasons why I decided to go Cruelty-free:
- No animal should have cosmetics or any type of product tested on them.
- It makes me suspicious as to what are companies hiding in their products, that they feel the need to test them on animals first, and then humans. (Are there chemicals in these products, that may react differently on an animal than human?)
- Typically CF brands are more dedicated to more natural, eco-friendly, organic, or sometimes even vegan products.
- CF brands often use cleaner ingredients, in regards to unknown chemicals.
- Support ethical beauty brands.
- These laboratory animals, are innocent creatures that deserve better.
- Animal testing is cruel and inhumane.
- There is no need to test products on animals, it’s unnecessary and there are alternative ways.
- Going CF is better for the environment.
- In the long run it is ethically, morally, and healthier to make the switch to a cruelty-free lifestyle.
How do you know is a product is cruelty-free?
Typically when a product is CF it will be certified through one of the organizations of PETA’s Beauty without Bunnies, Cruelty-free International’s Leaping Bunny, or Choose Cruelty Free (CCF). Each of these organizations has a CF bunny logo, however since not every company can afford this licensing fee, some brands may not have their products labeled. Even if brands, claim their products are cruelty-free, we cannot assume that they are unless they are certified by one of these organizations.
What are some cruelty-free brands?
- Yes To
- Burt’s Bees
- Trader Joe’s
- Too Faced
- Nyx cosmetics
- Wet n Wild
- The Balm cosmetics
- Urban Decay
- It cosmetics
- Anastasia Beverly Hills
Since starting this journey, I can now say that my beauty routine is fully cruelty-free, from my makeup, to my shower staples, and even toothpaste. I have incorporated this CF switch to other aspects of my life such as cleaning products. I hope that this year I can start to only use solely based CF products in all areas of my life from personal hygiene, to laundry detergent, and other household products.
Thank you for reading as to why I chose to make the switch to a cruelty-free beauty routine. I will be having more cruelty-free posts in the near future, from brand reviews, to routines, and my favorite cruelty-free picks. (As a side note, I will be posting on my blog every Wednesday, since that day will work best with my schedule once I start my spring semester.)
If you enjoyed this post then do not forget to like it and please subscribe with your email in the sidebar, to be notified of new posts through your email, (be sure to confirm subscription in email).
talk to you all next Wednesday, ariana. ♡
Check out my last post: My First Semester in College
Connect with me on my social media: Instagram//Facebook//VSCO//Poshmark//Buy Me A Coffee//