Hi friends! Now let’s admit, we probably all procrastinate on washing our makeup brushes… it’s probably the most annoying part about wearing makeup, am I right? I was pretty overdue washing my brushes, therefore I decided to make a post on how I wash my brushes! I will give you my step-to-step guide and tell you what I use. Onto cleaning the makeup dirties off my brushes.
What you’ll need:
- Dish soap or Baby shampoo (only had dish soap)
- A towel or rag
- Paper plate
- A brush egg (optional)
- Any Brush Cleaner Sprays (optional)
Okay so once you have collected all the makeup brushes you plan on washing, decide which ones you will be washing first and maybe try washing multiple at a time for to go by quicker.
- Using your brush egg, any other cleaning device, or hand; make sure to fully wet the surface and a pump of dish soap on the surface.
- Make sure to wet your brushes with water for a nice lather when washing. (If you have a brush wash spray, I would recommend to spray onto the brush first, wet it, and then begin lathering).
- Remember to wash your brushes in circular and up-down motions, so remove all dirt and build-up on the brush.
- Once done lathering, rinse your brushes in the palm of your hand, again in circular motions to remove all soap leftover.
- Squeeze all excess water from the brush, following it up by drying them on your towel/rag .
- Place the clean brushes on a paper plate to lay overnight to air dry. Occasionally flip over to dry the other side. (never dry upwards, always downwards so that water does not ruin the interior of the brushes).
- The next day, your brushes are super clean and good to use!
*Dish Soap/Baby shampoo work best to wash makeup brushes, because they remove dirt/oil, while leaving the brushes incredibly soft and in their best condition.*
Down below is a quick time-lapse, washing my Beauty Blender and eyeshadow brushes, click the links to see the quick video (also please excuse the quality, I am not the best at taking videos and I’m not sure what happened).
Okay well that completes how I wash my makeup brushes, hopefully that was useful to you and gave you tips on how to wash your brushes! Do not forget to like and follow! Comment down below how you wash your makeup brushes! If you enjoyed this post then do not forget to like it and please subscribe with your email in the sidebar, to be notified of new posts through your email, (be sure to confirm subscription in email) also make sure to follow me on my social media pages, down below!
with love, Ari. ✨
Check out my last post: Battle of the Skin Cleansing Devices: Foreo vs. the Clarisonic!